Re: postgresql upgrade/downgrade -- help!

От will trillich
Тема Re: postgresql upgrade/downgrade -- help!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Oliver Elphick wrote:
> will trillich wrote:
>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres        4 Feb 27 12:24 PG_VERSION
>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres        0 Oct 13 21:05 active
>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres     8192 Feb 27 04:00 cust
>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres    16384 Feb 22 00:35 cust_handle_key
>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres     8192 Feb 22 00:35 cust_id_seq
>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres    16384 Feb 22 00:35 cust_sendto_idx
>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres    16384 Feb 22 00:35 cust_source_idx
>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres        0 Oct  4 21:24 exp
>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres        0 Oct  4 21:13 ponly
>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres     8192 Feb 27 04:00 puzct
>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres        0 Sep 29 12:01 puzno
>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres     8192 Feb 27 04:00 range
>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres    16384 Feb 11 07:39 range_pkey
>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres     8192 Aug  5  2000 sell
>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres    16384 Aug  5  2000 sell_id_idx
>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres        0 Oct  1 11:52 tot
>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres        0 Oct 13 21:04 unconf
>   >
>   >unconf, tot, puzno, ponly, exp, active are views; the *idx/*key are
>   >indexes, *seq is the one sequence, and the rest are tables.

and according to the automatic_upgrade.log file elsewhere, it
first balked at datatypes needing explicit casts (as if reading
a sql source file from a database dump, which i can't seem to find)
and then died when unable to load plpgsql.so (or something along
those lines). if i can find that dump sql file, i'm all set!

>   >actually, i think the 'range' table is the main one i need to
>   >resurrect... everything else is gravy.
>
> What exactly is missing from it?  It seems to have data in it, by its
> size...

my thoughts exactly.

\d shows this:
    Name     |   Type   | Owner
-------------+----------+-------
 active      | view     | will
 cust        | table    | will
 cust_id_seq | sequence | will
 exp         | view     | will
 paid        | table    | will
 ponly       | view     | will
 puzno       | table    | will
 sell        | table    | will
 tot         | table    | will
 unconf      | view     | will
(10 rows)

altho "puzct" and "range" are listed in /var/lib/postgresql/data/base/puz/
they don't show up as contributing members of society... and of course,
those are the two i'd like to get my knuckles into!

--

thanks for your help, oliver, here and in the past! i'd still be stuck
way back in the dark ages without your patient direction....

--
mailto:will@serensoft.com
http://www.dontUthink.com/