Re: postgresql upgrade/downgrade -- help!

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: postgresql upgrade/downgrade -- help!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
will trillich wrote:
  >>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres     8192 Feb 27 04:00 range
  >>   >-rw-------    1 postgres postgres    16384 Feb 11 07:39 range_pkey

  >>   >actually, i think the 'range' table is the main one i need to
  >>   >resurrect... everything else is gravy.
  >>
  >> What exactly is missing from it?  It seems to have data in it, by its
  >> size...
  >
  >my thoughts exactly.
  >
  >\d shows this:
  >    Name     |   Type   | Owner
  >-------------+----------+-------
  > active      | view     | will
  > cust        | table    | will
  > cust_id_seq | sequence | will
  > exp         | view     | will
  > paid        | table    | will
  > ponly       | view     | will
  > puzno       | table    | will
  > sell        | table    | will
  > tot         | table    | will
  > unconf      | view     | will
  >(10 rows)
  >
  >altho "puzct" and "range" are listed in /var/lib/postgresql/data/base/puz/
  >they don't show up as contributing members of society... and of course,
  >those are the two i'd like to get my knuckles into!

A pity the dump file got clobbered.  I suspect the dump from 6.5 was
in a form that 7.0 rejected - you had those two failed creates in the
log.

Try this:

   rename range and range.pkey

   Recreate range

   Overwrite the new range and range.pkey with the old files

If that does not work, I think I have seen a reference on one of the
PostgreSQL lists to a tool for extracting tuples from a file.  I can't
remember where, though.  Can anyone point us to it?

     "These things have I written unto you that believe on
      the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye
      have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name
      of the Son of God."        I John 5:13