Re: Does PostGresSQL have this feature?

От Poul L. Christiansen
Тема Re: Does PostGresSQL have this feature?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In PostgreSQL you can (almost) do this.

When i terminal mode logged in as user postgres use these commands:
1. "psql MyDatabase" to log into the database.
2. "select * from MyVeryBigTable"
3. Press space to view a page at the time.

I think you can enter regular expressions, instead of pressing space to
see the next page. But I don't know how to scroll up within the results.
Does anybody know if this is possible?

I'd suggest you browse the utilities in www.greatbridge.org - there
might be some smart tool to manage large tables.

Poul L. Christiansen