patch src/bin/psql/help.c

От alex avriette
Тема patch src/bin/psql/help.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Per the discussion earlier re: sockets and psql

Synopsis: psql --help now returns:

[ snip ]

Connection options:
   -h [ HOSTNAME | DIR ]    specify database server host or location of
                            socket ($PGHOST, default: local socket)
   -p PORT                  specify database server port ($PGPORT,
default: 5432)
   -U NAME                  specify database user name ($PGUSER,
default: root)
   -W                       prompt for password (should happen
automatically)

Nobody complained when I asked if it was too verbose, and I think it
contributes to the helpfulness of the help. Additionally, the psql(1)
page and the psql-ref.sgml document already explain this behaviour.

I spoke with Dennis Bjorklund about this on IRC, he suggested that this
was easier for the translators, and is in the same style as pg_dump.c
(why is there no src/bin/pg_dump/help.c?).

thanks,
alex

--
alex avriette, unix geek for hire