Re: Debian packages of 7.1beta4 available

От Emmanuel Charpentier
Тема Re: Debian packages of 7.1beta4 available
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Oliver Elphick wrote:

> At long last I have got the Debian packages of 7.1beta4 done.

Great !

> See http://www.debian.org/~elphick/postgresql/

I tried to install it "fresh" (i. e. on a Sid system with no previous
PostgreSQL installation). The main Postgres packages tries to start
./etc/postmaster.init, does not find it and dies ==> Non installation.

Should I install PostgreSQL 7.0.3 as a first step ?

And, BTW : the ODBC driver debian package has been removed from unstable.
Should I try to install (for example) the driver that comes with the unixODBC
driver manager ?

Sincerely yours,

                    Emmanuel Charpentier

--