Re: 7.0.3 reproduceable serious select error

От mlw
Тема Re: 7.0.3 reproduceable serious select error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Rob van Nieuwkerk wrote:
I tried to reproduce this bug on 7.0.2 and 7.0.3 with both 8K and 32K block
sizes, and could not reproduce the error.

I am running RedHat 6.2 kernel 2.2.16.

I don't know enough to even be close, but I wonder if there are any subtle
differences between the way characters are treated for indexes vs the way they
are treated for table scans? If there are even slight differences in the way
this happens, a misinterpretation of ascii conversions for instance, (I am
assuming you may be using ascii characters above 0x7F), it could behave
something like this, and explain why I wouldn't see it. .Like I said, however,
I don't know  much so don't read too much into what I say.