Re: row size limitation

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: row size limitation
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jim Hines wrote:

> We too just got bit by the row size limit, having installed from the
> rpms, 7.03.
>
> A news story wouldn't fit, and had to be drastically trimmed before it
> was
> accepted.
>
> Is there  a way to reset this to say 32k, after the install, or is this
> a compile
> time option?

Compile-time.  Before doing this, you must dump your database, as you
will have to re-initdb for the larger BLCKSIZ to work.  See the file
config.h.in in src/include in the source dist (although the recommended
method of patching this is to run configure FIRST, then patch config.h
rather than config.h.in).  Search fot BLCKSIZ in this file -- note that
32768 is the absolutely LARGEST BLCKSIZ you can have.

Or just wait on 7.1final, as 7.1 does away with the whole blocksize
limit entirely.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio