Problems in creating table while migrating from Foxpro to Postgress using JDBC

От Arathi,S
Тема Problems in creating table while migrating from Foxpro to Postgress using JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

    I am migrating the databases from Foxpro to Postgress using JDBC.

        I  am extracting all the field values,type and width from the
Foxpro database and putting that as a string .

Ex: String  stru

    Name varchar(20),id int4(4)

And then I have another string  'Query'    which says
create table table_name(  stru).

I am getting Error:Parser error at or near "(".

This is because of the brackets for the width.

If I don't specify the width, then I am able to create the table with
the default width for the respective type.I am using the
PreparedStatement .
(i.e)
PreparedStatement pst =con.preparestatement(Query);

pst.executeUpdate();

Please help me out with this. It's urgent.

Arathi.