Re: Database Privileges

От Alfonso Peniche
Тема Re: Database Privileges
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I think there's one possible solution, though I haven't fully tried it and
the administration can become rather bothersome and even complicated, but
here goes.

I did some testing by modifying the pg_hba.conf file, specifying which
database may be access from which IP address, and it worked, though I
haven't done any serious testing.

The reason this might work for me is that I don't have that many users to
connect directly to the database, instead I use a common user account,
which, in a multi-tier scheme, makes the connection from an App-server
(the App-server makes a remote connection to my pg-server), so I know
there's only one machine (besides mine), that would be connecting to the
database.

As I said before:
1.- If you have several connections from diferent machines this method
could become rather complicated, but it's an idea.
2.- I haven't fully tested it.

Hope this helps.

Alfonso Peniche