Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > What I am gathering from all this conversation is that there is no
> > repository for packages.

Whoops. There is a repository for packages on ftp.postgresql.org, and
you are welcome to contribute packages to there. As Peter points out, we
probably aren't helping folks if we have some independent track of
package development, so we would do better to also coordinate with the
distro package maintainers at the same time. And we would all really
prefer if the packages posted on ftp.postgresql.org are traceable to the
"official" builds of packages elsewhere.

For most folks running a particular OS and distro, there are certain
places they would look for packages, and it would be great if those
usual places have the benefit of your contributions too.

For cases where more coordination is required, such as with the RPM
packaging used for a bunch of distros, having them posted on
ftp.postgresql.org has helped us keep the RPM package itself consistant
with the various packagers. Not sure if you will find the same
coordination problem with your platform.

> Well, in the light of the openpackages.org effort it seems you have just
> signed yourself up to create a BSD-independent package. ;-)  Asking the
> relevant maintainer might be a first step, though.

:)
                       - Thomas