Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
bpalmer writes:

> This traffic does not seem necessary for the list,  but here are my
> thoughts.

I think it is.

> I don't begin to disagree with this for a second.  I know that there are a
> lot of RPM users out there that would like the RPM.  I'm aware that there
> would be a lesser demand for the OBSD packages,  but it's still worth
> putting up there.

Definitely.

> I have talked to the maintainer and am working with him on this.  With
> luck,  if I/we keep up on the betas,  when 7.1 comes out for real,  we
> will be able to make the changed then too.

That's even better.  Maintaining separate tracks of packages would be a
source of confusion at best.

> What I am gathering from all this conversation is that there is no
> repository for packages.  I would love to test the FBSD package too,  but
> I don't know where it is,  nor if it's being worked on.  If it's not,  I
> may be interested in working on that too!

Well, in the light of the openpackages.org effort it seems you have just
signed yourself up to create a BSD-independent package. ;-)  Asking the
relevant maintainer might be a first step, though.