Re: ColdFusion sez this is valid SQL

От Poul L. Christiansen
Тема Re: ColdFusion sez this is valid SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hmmmm, I don't know excatcly what you are trying to do, but I don't think you can use
the Cold Fusion function Left.

Try using the PostgreSQL function substr() instead, as someone else suggested.

Poul L. Christiansen

"D. Duccini" wrote:

> doesn't work either
>
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "left"
>
> at least not under 6.5.3
>
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Poul L. Christiansen wrote:
>
> > Try:
> > "select * from speakers where #left(speaker_last_name,1)# >= 'N'"
> >
> > You forgot the # signs ;-)
> >
> > Poul L. Christiansen
> >
> > "D. Duccini" wrote:
> >
> > > select * from speakers where left(speaker_last_name,1) >= 'N';
> > >
> > > which psql doesn't like
> > >
> > > is this really SQL standard or really an oracle thing?
> > >
> > > i know you can do a better job with
> > >
> > > select * from speakers where speaker_last_name ~* '^N';
> > >
> > > the only reason I'm concerned is that our webmaster is working to
> > > integrate ColdFusion apps with PSQL (which work great) however, she's a
> > > real SQL novice (had to show her how to setup a sequence to map over to MS
> > > Access 'auto' datatype) et al

> > > david@backpack.com            BackPack Software, Inc.        www.backpack.com
> > > +1 651.645.7550 voice       "Life is an Adventure.
> > > +1 651.645.9798 fax            Don't forget your BackPack!"

> david@backpack.com            BackPack Software, Inc.        www.backpack.com
> +1 651.645.7550 voice       "Life is an Adventure.
> +1 651.645.9798 fax            Don't forget your BackPack!"

Сообщение: Re: ColdFusion sez this is valid SQL
Сообщение: Re: ColdFusion sez this is valid SQL