Re: TOAST-table vacuuming (was Re: Idea for reducing planning time)

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: TOAST-table vacuuming (was Re: Idea for reducing planning time)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Mikheev, Vadim" wrote:

> > > Also, is TOAST-table vacuuming fixed now?
> >
> > Still broken.  Hiroshi had muttered something about fixing
> > the internal commit of VACUUM so that it's more like a real
> > commit --- including advancing the transaction ID --- but
> > still doesn't release the exclusive lock held by VACUUM.
> > Basically we need to propagate the locks forward to the new
> > xact instead of releasing them. I think that would be a nice
> > clean solution if we could do it. Do you have any ideas about how?
>
> Yes, it would be nice for cursors too - they should be able to cross
> transaction boundaries...

Cursors outside transactions is a nice feature I've
long wanted.
It would be nice if one of the requirement is solved.

How many factors should be solved to achieve it ?
For example,not release the buffers kept by such
cursors ...

Regards.
Hiroshi Inoue