RE: TOAST-table vacuuming (was Re: Idea for reducing pl anning time)

От Mikheev, Vadim
Тема RE: TOAST-table vacuuming (was Re: Idea for reducing pl anning time)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Also, is TOAST-table vacuuming fixed now?
>
> Still broken.  Hiroshi had muttered something about fixing
> the internal commit of VACUUM so that it's more like a real
> commit --- including advancing the transaction ID --- but
> still doesn't release the exclusive lock held by VACUUM.
> Basically we need to propagate the locks forward to the new
> xact instead of releasing them. I think that would be a nice
> clean solution if we could do it. Do you have any ideas about how?

Yes, it would be nice for cursors too - they should be able to cross
transaction boundaries...

Use BackendID instead of XID in XIDTAG?
Add internal (ie per backend) hash of locks that should not be
released at commit time?
And couple additional funcs in lmgr API?

Vadim

Сообщение: Re: Idea for reducing planning time
Сообщение: Re: Idea for reducing planning time