Re: RFC C++ Interface

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: RFC C++ Interface
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> One thing I would like to see, which we have built into our own,
> primitive, C++ interface, is support for binary data retrieval. For some
> applications the savings are huge.
> I haven't thought very hard about how to do this: we do it by having a
> perl script generate structures from the table definitions at compile
> time, which works well in our case, but is not necessarily suitable for
> a library. Code to copy the data into these structures is similarly
> generated. Not sure whether roguewave have a better solution.

This is what CORBA is designed to do. No point in reinventing the wheel
for an on-the-wire protocol.

I'm not sure what the integration path would be for a CORBA-based
interface onto the server.
                   - Thomas

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: (one more time) Patches with vacuum fixes available .
Сообщение: Re: (one more time) Patches with vacuum fixes available .