Re: v7.1 beta 1 (ODBC driver?)

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: v7.1 beta 1 (ODBC driver?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The official ODBC driver from pg7.0.x doesn't work w/7.1 (b/c of the
changes in the system catalogs, IIRC).

The CVS 7.1devel code works and builds easily, but  I suspect 99%
of the beta testers won't have Visual C++ or won't be able to
compile the driver. Is there an official driver-compiler-person that
could package this up for 7.1beta?

(I know that a binary driver isn't part of the beta per se, and that
it's not *unreleasable* to think that everyone could compile their
own, but I bought VC++ just to compile this driver, and would hate
to see M$ get richer for even more people. Also, I doubt we'd want
to impugn the perceived quality of 7.1beta b/c people don't
understand that its just the ODBC drivers that out-of-date.)
If there's no one official tasked w/this, I'd be happy to submit my
compiled version, at http://www.scw.org/pgaccess.

--
Joel Burton, Director of Information Systems -*- jburton@scw.org
Support Center of Washington (www.scw.org)