Re: [HACKERS] v7.1 beta 1 (ODBC driver?)

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] v7.1 beta 1 (ODBC driver?)
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I just recently heard from Julia Case, who is willing to work on
maintaining the ODBC drivers after Xmas ... for those that don't know the
name, she was pretty much the original ODBC developer/maintainer, until
work overwhelmed her ...

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Joel Burton wrote:

> The official ODBC driver from pg7.0.x doesn't work w/7.1 (b/c of the
> changes in the system catalogs, IIRC).
>
> The CVS 7.1devel code works and builds easily, but  I suspect 99%
> of the beta testers won't have Visual C++ or won't be able to
> compile the driver. Is there an official driver-compiler-person that
> could package this up for 7.1beta?
>
> (I know that a binary driver isn't part of the beta per se, and that
> it's not *unreleasable* to think that everyone could compile their
> own, but I bought VC++ just to compile this driver, and would hate
> to see M$ get richer for even more people. Also, I doubt we'd want
> to impugn the perceived quality of 7.1beta b/c people don't
> understand that its just the ODBC drivers that out-of-date.)
>
> If there's no one official tasked w/this, I'd be happy to submit my
> compiled version, at http://www.scw.org/pgaccess.
>

> --
> Joel Burton, Director of Information Systems -*- jburton@scw.org
> Support Center of Washington (www.scw.org)

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Сообщение: Re: JDBC Drop/Create problem?
Сообщение: RE: JDBC Drop/Create problem?