Re: Newbie: pg_hba.conf question

От Marc Poinot
Тема Re: Newbie: pg_hba.conf question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Marc Poinot writes:
>
> > marcvs> psql
> > psql: No pg_hba.conf entry for host localhost, user marcvs, database marcvs
> >
> > The pg_hba.conf in the PGDATA actually contains a line with:
> >
> > local all trust
>
> "local" is not the same a "localhost".  The former refers to a Unix domain
> socket connection, the latter to a TCP/IP connection, which requires a
> "host" record in pg_hba.conf.  To use a "local" connection you need to
> unset the PGHOST environment variable, in case you have it set.

Thanks for the answer.
Actually, I did rebuild the software with a -n32 mode instead of
the -64 (our SGI default). I works perfectly, but we also made
some adds for distant hosts in pg_hba.conf, thus I cannot really
tell you which modification was the right one.

-MP-

 Marc POINOT             Alias: marcvs        Email: poinot@onera.fr
 ONERA -MFE/DSNA/ELSA    Tel: 01.46.73.42.84  Info: elsa-info@onera.fr
 29, Div. Leclerc        Fax: 01.46.73.41.66  Site:
 92322 Chatillon FRANCE  Project: elsA        Web: http://www.onera.fr