SELECT FROM t1 WHERE id IN (SELECT id FROM t2 UNION SELECT id FROM t3)

От Christophe Boyanique
Тема SELECT FROM t1 WHERE id IN (SELECT id FROM t2 UNION SELECT id FROM t3)
Дата
RE: SELECT FROM t1 WHERE id IN (SELECT id FROM t2 UNION SELECT id FROM t3)  ("Gary Farmer" <farmer@arlut.utexas.edu>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hello,

I've got a problem with UNION and SELECT IN

I have a first table:

CREATE TABLE products
( idProduct   INT4, name        VARCHAR(32)
);

and two others tables:

CREATE TABLE orders
( id          INT4, ts          TIMESTAMP
);

CREATE TABLE preorders
( id          INT4, ts          TIMESTAMP
);

(I reduced the tables to be as simple as possible)

I want to retrieve id of products from the tables orders and preorders;
and order it by the name of the product. So I tried:

SELECT idProduct FROM products WHERE idProduct IN   (SELECT id FROM orders WHERE ts>'2000-10-01 17:04:00'   UNION
SELECTid FROM preorders WHERE ts>'2000-10-01 17:04:00') ORDER by name;

and I've got a parse error near UNION or SELECT depending of the
presence
of () between the SELECTs.

I definitively need some help to solve this problem :-|

I asked to a friend to test it with Oracle and that seems to work so I
really don't know what to do...

Christophe.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: