Re: Re: Requests for Development

От KuroiNeko
Тема Re: Re: Requests for Development
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> I wonder if there couldn't borrowed some code from Interbase which has
> full featured stored procedures - at least  it was told to me that it has
Well, I have some hands-on experience  with IB, don't know whether this is
perfectly relevant, but here goes....Indeed, stored  procedures in  IB can do  what's called  `returning record
sets' in  this thread. This  is helpfull  when tuples restriction  is based
upon  condition  that is  not  easy/possible  to  formulate in  SQL  (where
clause).  On the  other hand,  IB has  two different  ways to  call an  SP:
execute  procedure  for `singleton'  SPs  and  select for  those  returning
multiple tuples.However, IB supports  only its own SP language. It's  pretty much complete
and well thought and implemented, but if you want an SP in PERL, you're out
of luck.What I'd really  like to see is  `pre-compiled' SPs in PGSQL.  IB has this
feature (SPs are converted to BLR when DDL statement is executed), not sure
about PGSQL.  I've noticed  that language-specific errors  in SPs  are only
reported by  PGSQL when SP is  executed, so I suggest  that interpreter (eg
for PL/PGSQL) is called each time.

--
Sniper's rifle is an extension of his eye. He kills with his injurious vision.
JM

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Graham Vickrage"
Сообщение: Return from stored procedures
От: Kovacs Zoltan Sandor
Сообщение: Re: Return from stored procedures