Re: psql -U postgres does not require a password

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: psql -U postgres does not require a password
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Dr. Hans-Christian Waldmann" wrote:
> which is _external_ to the database. I could imagine that your migration
> install has simply overwritten the external file while preserving internal
> tables. A default pg_hba.conf leads to the behavior described: anyone can
> access any database with just a username. So please chekc this file.

The upgrade procedure calls for a dump, then an initdb (done by the
startup script), then a restore.

The passwords, etc, are dumped and restored -- but pg_hba.conf is not
copied in any way.  The initdb would in fact overwrite this file --
which, if the recommendations in the upgrade docs (README.rpm) were
followed, there should be a copy of that file in the backup directory.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio