Restoring 9.1 db from crashed disk/VM

От robert
Тема Restoring 9.1 db from crashed disk/VM
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Friends

I hope you had a good start into 2021.

I would like to get some advice on how to restore a 9.1 DB, of which I have the

/var/lib/postgresql

with some 20GB salvaged.

Now I find now easily usable 9.1 PostgreSQL installer anymore.

How should I proceed to get that data in a newer PG loaded?

Could I just install a 9.5 and  copy the salvaged folder into

/var/lib/postgresql/9/main

Or could I add the folder to my PG 12 installation like:

/var/lib/postgresql/12/main
                             /9/main

and tell PG 12 somehow to read the data for the PG9 folder?

Thanks for your insights

Robert