Re: [DOCS] Add example about date ISO format

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: [DOCS] Add example about date ISO format
Дата
Re: [DOCS] Add example about date ISO format  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, 2023-11-21 at 23:33 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 04:01:54PM +0000, juha.mustonen@iki.fi wrote:
> > The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:
> >
> > Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/functions-formatting.html
> >
> > The documentation should include an example how to format datetime entry
> > into most commonly known ISO format. This is a bit tricky as literal
> > character needs to included with quotes:
> >
> > to_char(NOW(), 'YYYY-MM-DD"T"HH24:MI:SSZ')
>
> I know this is a six-year-old idea, but it is still a good one.  I have
> developed the attached patch I would like to apply to master.

+1 on the idea, but from the context it looks like you added that example
at the regular expression matching functions.

I think the example had best be at "8.5.2. Date/Time Output", in
doc/src/sgml/datatype.sgml around line 2552.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe