Re: [DOCS] Add example about date ISO format

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [DOCS] Add example about date ISO format
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 2023-Nov-22, Laurenz Albe wrote:

> I think the example had best be at "8.5.2. Date/Time Output", in
> doc/src/sgml/datatype.sgml around line 2552.

Actually, isn't that a strange location?  Chapter 8.5.2 is about the
datatype itself, and there's already a cross-link to Section 9.8 for
to_char() stuff.  Since this is to_char() that the example wants to add,
I think the to_char reference is a more appropriate place -- probably
table "9.31 to_char Examples".

(While scrolling the 9.6 version of this page[1] I noticed that, in dark
mode, the <caution> box becomes unreadable because of white text on
yellowish background.  Not sure what's an appropriate fix for that, if
any; current versions don't have that problem.  Maybe it's better to
leave it alone.)

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/functions-formatting.html

"Porque francamente, si para saber manejarse a uno mismo hubiera que
rendir examen... ¿Quién es el machito que tendría carnet?"  (Mafalda)

Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Add example about date ISO format
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Add example about date ISO format