Re: Stupid question: concatenating strings

От Bill Morrow
Тема Re: Stupid question: concatenating strings
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
This does not work either:
select 'a' + 'b';
ERROR:  Unable to identify an operator '+' for types
'unknown' and 'unknown'
        You will have to retype this query using an explicit
cast

But this does:
select 'a' || 'b';
 ?column?
 ab
(1 row)

Look at the Postgres manual section on String concatenation.

Bill