postgres functions(.so)

От Vladimir V. Zolotych
Тема postgres functions(.so)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
  Hello

Can anybody help me?
The question is: Is it possible to write
postgres function on C/C++ that selects
some tables of a database ?

More detailed description.
Suppose I have database with tables A, B.
I've written program on C++ with 'main' function
that reads tables A, B and returns some value, e.g. integer.
Now I'd like to implement the same actions as postgres
function (e.g. as .so module).

Is it possible ?

I know:
    1) How compile C/C++ code to .so
    2) How to CREATE FUNCTION .....
I don't know:
    1) Is it possible to postges function
       to read tables of the database
    2) If possible, how it should be done?
    3) Which restrictions applicable to .so
       functions ?

If you know examples those do something similar,
please let me know.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

--