Re: Netfinity x PC-clone

От Mario Farias-Elinos Baez
Тема Re: Netfinity x PC-clone
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi!!!

The problem isn't the processor or the computer.

The main factor are the hard disks, the SCSI technology is better than IDE
technology, I recomended you put a SCSI hard disk in the PC-clone Pentium
III, and you get more performance.

In the case of PostgreSQL the important are two factors:
     1. The HardDisk technology (SCSI Ultra2 recomended)
     2. The processor speed.

>         I have A PC-clone Pentium III with two ide disk and 256mb RAM, on
> the other hand I have an IBM netfinity with a P-II, a scsi hard drive and
> 256 mb RAM.
> I wanto to know is: will ibm machine do a better (faster) job with
> postgres (slackware linux) than the PC-clone with a better processor? or
> the ibm's features won't be enough?
>
> BTW, how could i setup my postgres instalation to take advantage of the
> amount of memory i have? (maybe i'll increase it to 512mb)

Regards
   Mario

Вложения