Re: [GENERAL] I screwed it up, my installation :(

От John Clark L. Naldoza
Тема Re: [GENERAL] I screwed it up, my installation :(
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello Alan,

From /usr/doc/postgresql-7.0.2/README.rpm it says...;-)

NOTE: The 7.0 RPMs are only being built under RedHat 6.2! They
may or may not work under RedHat 6.0 or 6.1.

But like you, I have come across the exact same thing...;-)  _IF_ you
don't have any real data and are willing to start from scratch...  try
deleting all files and directories under

/var/lib/pgsql

and re-run your postgresql start-up script....  Postgresql should create
an empty database for your perusal...;-)

If you have some important data...  Well then, I strongly recommend that
you back-up your data from the

/var/lib/pgsql

directory before proceeding to delete all file and directories under
it...;-)

Hope that helps...;-)

Cheers,

John Clark