How to drop a template1 owner user

От Roberto Nakai
Тема How to drop a template1 owner user
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
pgsql-admin,

    I don't know if this is the right place to ask for your help. If
it's not, sorry...

    I've been using PostgreSQL 7.0 for a few months. Suddenly, every
database belongs to two users: "postgres" and "enhydra".  This may be
due to some bad export/import operation...
    The former is the usual one, the later is another user that I've
created. The fact is that when I'm connected as "enhydra" and I drop a
database,  the database that belongs to "postgres" and has the same name
is also dropped.

    When I try to drop the "enhydra" user, I get the following message:

ERROR:  DROP USER: user "enhydra" owns database "template1", cannot be
removed
dropuser: deletion of user "enhydra" failed

    I think that if I could be able to drop the "enhyhdra" user, I could
solve my problem.

    Thanks,

Roberto Nakai,
NZ Tech.