SV: Tools showing table partitions as tables in listings of tables

От Niels Jespersen
Тема SV: Tools showing table partitions as tables in listings of tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> A small irritation point is that some tools decide that partitions
>> under a table are to be shown in a list of tables, sometimes drowning the main table in a sea of partitions.
>
>While this doesn't answer your question directly, but when I had this problem, I simply moved partitions to separate
schema.
>So, let's say I have table plans in schema public. All its partitions are in "plans" schema.
>Of course naming can be done differently, but the thing is that you can do it, and it doesn't cause any issues with
queries- as long as you use main table and not directly partitions.

>Best regards,
>
>depesz

I had not thought of that. Nice trick. I think we have a standard security setup that revolves around schemas, that may
suffermore than this helps. I will think about that some more.

Thank you for the tip.

Regards Niels

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Execution order of CTEs / set_config and current_setting in the same query
От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: Re: JDBC driver - is "getGeneratedKeys()" guaranteed to return the ids in the same order a batch insert was made?