Re: Tools showing table partitions as tables in listings of tables

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: Tools showing table partitions as tables in listings of tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 12:29:43PM +0000, Niels Jespersen wrote:
> A small irritation point is that some tools decide that partitions under a table are to be shown in a list of tables,
sometimes
> drowning the main table in a sea of partitions.

While this doesn't answer your question directly, but when I had this
problem, I simply moved partitions to separate schema.

So, let's say I have table plans in schema public. All its partitions
are in "plans" schema.

Of course naming can be done differently, but the thing is that you can
do it, and it doesn't cause any issues with queries - as long as you use
main table and not directly partitions.

Best regards,

depesz