Re: jdbc large object support ??

От John Thorhauer
Тема Re: jdbc large object support ??
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Peter Mount wrote:

> Large Objects have been supported for years - just not via streams.
>
> Stream support is simply passing an InputStream (say from a file) directly
> to a large object in the database. The ImageViewer example shows the other
> two ways, using setBytes() and using our own extensions.

I tried the setBytes method and it worked great!  Thanks for the help.
However, I have another question.  If I understand correctly I can use
the setBytes() method or the getLargeObjectAPI() method.  Is one
preferred over the other?  Does either have any distinct problems that I
should be aware of?

I know these are real general questions but I am trying to make sure
that I start off going in the right direction with this stuff ;-)

Thanks again,
John
--
** John Thorhauer