RE: jdbc large object support ??

От Peter Mount
Тема RE: jdbc large object support ??
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Large Objects have been supported for years - just not via streams.

Stream support is simply passing an InputStream (say from a file) directly
to a large object in the database. The ImageViewer example shows the other
two ways, using setBytes() and using our own extensions.

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support Mushroom
Maidstone Borough Council
Any views stated are my own, and not those of Maidstone Borough Council

-----Original Message-----
From: John Thorhauer [mailto:jthorhauer@phoenixcolor.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2000 9:07 PM
To: postgres-inter
Subject: [INTERFACES] jdbc large object support ??

I read on the jdbc driver web page that "Stream support for large
objects is delayed until 7.1".  But I also see an example called
ImageViewer.java in the src distribution of postgres that uses large
objects.  So...... Can I use postgres large objects with the most recent
jdbc driver? Anf if so, what is "Stream support" and do I really need
it?

Thanks,
John
--