Re: Importing pg_bsd_indent into our source tree

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Importing pg_bsd_indent into our source tree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2023-02-09 17:19:22 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hmmm .. a shell script would be fine by me, but it won't help in
>> testing a Windows build.  Maybe we need to make it a Perl script?

> At least for casual testing a shell script actually mostly works, due to git
> it's easy enough to have a sh.exe around... Not something I'd necessarily want
> to make a hard dependency, but for something like this it might suffice.  Of
> course perl would be more dependable...

Yeah, also less question about whether it works on Windows.
I'll see about moving that into Perl.  It's short enough.

>> BTW, the attachments to your previous message are identical to what
>> I previously posted --- did you attach the wrong set of diffs?

> I attached an extra patch, in addition to yours.

D'oh, I didn't notice that :-(

> I also attached yours so that
> cfbot could continue to work, if you registered this.

I thought about registering it, but that won't teach us anything unless
we make it built-by-default, which was not my intention.  I guess we
could temporarily include it in the build.