Re: Startup Failure (stop failure ?)

От Michael Holopainen
Тема Re: Startup Failure (stop failure ?)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
A stupid question :
did you see if there was a postmaster process running ?

I had this problem that I was unable to kill the postmaster process
(with 'kill -9 ...')
1. I stooped the postgres with '/etc/rc.d/postgres stop' that reported
that it was done ok. Then when I tried to start it again a got
'postmaster allready running' and 'ps aux | grep postmaster' I found out
that it was still running.
2. I tried with 'kill -9' -> still running.
3. then I tried init 2 -> init 1 -> init S  = still running
4. reboot reported that postgres directory was still in use when it
unmounted it.

!!!??????

It has not reoccurred. it's been week now.

--
   --"Would you fly on airplane controlled by MS Windows ?"--
| Michael Holopainen | Valuraudantie 25 | Tel: +358-(0)9-35093825  |