Implementing pgaudit extension on Microsoft Windows

От Niels Jespersen
Тема Implementing pgaudit extension on Microsoft Windows
Дата
Re: Implementing pgaudit extension on Microsoft Windows  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general

Hello all

Recent Oracle convert here.

Running PostgreSQL 11 on Windows (10 and 2016).

Please advise, if I should direct this to another mailinglist or forum.

I want to implement detailed object auditing on PostgreSQL. This is what PGAudit extension does. However most advice on this is directed at Linux and friends, which is fair enough. From Googleing around, it seems it should be possible to compile on Windows, though.

And it is. I have compiled pgaudit.dll from the source out of pgaudit version 1.3.

And this:

Copied pgaudit.dll to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11\lib

Copied  pgaudit.control and pgaudit--1.3.sql to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11\share\extension

Set shared_preload_libraries = 'pgaudit'

Restart PostgreSQL

Run “CREATE EXTENSION pgaudit;”

alter system set pgaudit.log = 'all';

select pg_reload_conf();

Nothing enters the log-file from pgaudit. Creating tables (relations, sorry). Selecting from tables, nothing in the log.

I can see that alter system set pgaudit.logx = 'all';  complains about “unrecognized configuration parameter”, so something is known about pgaudit.

I can see that postgres.exe has locked pgaudit.dll, so postgreSQL knows it is there, but nothing in the log-file.

I need some advice regarding the next steps in my troubleshooting.

Regards

Niels Jespersen

Сообщение: Re: bdr replication breaks down
Сообщение: RE: bdr replication breaks down