Re: Problem with pg_dumpall

От Ryan Bradetich
Тема Re: Problem with pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Tom Lane wrote:

> Ryan Bradetich <ryan_bradetich@hp.com> writes:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
>
> Now that I look at it, it appears that COPY WITH OIDS leaks the memory
> used for the string representation of the OIDs.  That'd probably cost
> you 32 bytes or so of backend memory per row --- which you'd get back
> at the end of the COPY, but small comfort if you ran out before that.
>
> Is the table large enough to make that a plausible explanation?
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Tom,

This table is very large so that could be the problem.

Here are the startup parameters I am using (in case it matters):   -B 1024   -S   -o -F   -o -o
/home/postgres/nohup.out  -i   -p 5432   -D/data08

nohup su - postgres -c "/opt/pgsql/bin/postmaster -B 1024 -S -o \"-F\" -o
\"-o /home/postgres/nohup.out\" -i -p 5432 -D/data08"
procman=# select count(*) from medusa; count
---------6986499
(1 row)

FYI:

That was the problem.  Good job at spotting that Tom.  I just successfully
completed a backup without using the -o
option to pg_dumpall.

Thanks again for the help!

- Ryan