fully qualified domain names and .pgpass

От Ron
Тема fully qualified domain names and .pgpass
Дата
Re: fully qualified domain names and .pgpass  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Re: fully qualified domain names and .pgpass  (Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Sometimes (both interactively and via script) I access a remote Pg server
via just the bare host name "foobar", and other times via the FQDN
"foobar.example.com".

I've only been able to get this to work by having two lines in the .pgpass file:

foobar:5432:postgres:Allegedly.Strong.Password
foobar.example.com:5432:postgres:Allegedly.Strong.Password

But I'd rather have only one line.  Is there any way to do that?