Re: Re: interactive pgsql book

От Jeff Hoffmann
Тема Re: Re: interactive pgsql book
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> By "interactive" I ass/u/me Poul is referring to PHP's annotated manual.
> I've found that to save me HOURS due to oddball little quirks that someone
> else discovered first and noted in the annotated docs.

i'd have to agree 100% with this.  i use php and i've had much the same
experience.  as a matter of fact, i think i commented to tom lockhart
about this a long time ago when i was having some problem understanding
how setting up alternate database locations worked.  it fills a
different role than a FAQ & it's a lot easier than searching mailing
lists (even when the list search is working).  it seems like there are a
lot of quirks that are non-intuitive to a lot of users (e.g., recently i
was having trouble getting an index to be used on a query and realized
that i needed to add an explicit typecast on the query) that aren't
covered anywhere, maybe even not in the mailing lists.

jeff