Re: getting libperl.so

От Karl DeBisschop
Тема Re: getting libperl.so
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

> Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop@h00a0cc3b7988.ne.mediaone.net> writes:
> > or 'ar -a libperl.a' into a directory then gcc the resulting .o
files into a
> > single libperl.so
>
> That will only work on platforms where code is compiled
> position-independent by default.

Yes.  Such seems to be the case for RedHat (and I believe all other x86
linux)

> In any case, it won't persuade the existing plperl Makefile that
libperl
> is a .so file, because the Makefile looks at the build-time config
data
> that's recorded in some Perl module or other :-(

I thought I had mentioned that as well - but the mods to the makefile
are not
difficult - just lop out the part where Makefile.PL checks for the .so -
you
just
manually installed it, so you know it's there.  And then make sure the
.so is
referenced on the subsequent gcc invocation

Karl