Re: getting libperl.so

От Karl DeBisschop
Тема Re: getting libperl.so
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > Tom Lane wrote:

> > > Probably your main perl installation is not using a shared libperl?
> > >
> > > You may have to pull down the perl source distribution and
> > > configure/compile/install it yourself.  Should be pretty painless,
> > > really (certainly nothing to fear if you can build Postgres from
> > > source ;-)).  Don't forget to say "yes" when the configure script asks
> > > you if you want a shared libperl.  You can probably default all the
> > > other answers, except maybe for the location you want the perl directory
> > > tree placed ...
> > >
> > >                         regards, tom lane
> > >
> > > PS: be careful not to lose any Perl modules you may have installed
> > > that don't come with the source distribution.

or 'ar -a libperl.a' into a directory then gcc the resulting .o files
into a single libperl.so

You will have to run ldconfig and tweak the makefile because perl
won't know that .so is available, but I've used this just fine on
RedHat, which also doesn't include a shared libperl.

Karl DeBisschop
www.infoplease.com