Re: libpq.so.2.1 missing

От Ron Peterson
Тема Re: libpq.so.2.1 missing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joseph wrote:

> I am trying to upgrade Linux Redhat 6.2 to use the 7.0RC1 RPMS.
>
> When I try to upgrade it always says it is missing libpq.so.2.1.
>
> How do I install that?

It probably is installed, but can't be found.  You probably have a
directory /usr/local/pgsql, where PosgreSQL was installed.  It could be
other places, but this is the standard if you install using ./configure,
make, make install.

There is a file /etc/ld.so.conf that says where to find shared
libraries.  Add a line for the PosgreSQL libraries.  I.E. - add a line
at the end of ld.so.conf that says /usr/local/pgsql/lib (assuming that's
where they are).

Then run ldconfig to re-read ld.so.conf.  You want to do this as root.
Run 'ldconfig -v' to see verbose output.

--

As long as your upgrading anyway, throw out your release candidate, and
go get the real thing!

--

-Ron-