Re: 7.0 RPM?

От Karl DeBisschop
Тема Re: 7.0 RPM?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

> Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop@h00a0cc3b7988.ne.mediaone.net> writes:
> > If you do use these. plan on upgrading once Lamar releases his final.  But
> > you should be able to do that without a dump/restore cycle, which was my
> > prime concern.
>
> 7.0RC5 is database-compatible with the final, earlier betas are *not*.
> You can use pg_upgrade to update from any 6.5-or-later version if you
> are feeling adventurous, but I'd definitely suggest making a backup
> first in case things go wrong and you have to initdb and restore.
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Sorry if I was not clear.  The RPMs I prepared use Lamar Owen spec from RC1,
but use final release sources.  Upgrading from final release to final release
should not be a problem, I think.  I only recommended it because I understand
from his recent posts sthat Lamar has many inprovements to the RPM install
script that I have not taken advantage of.

Karl