Re: Difference between ROLE and USER1

От Philippe Salama
Тема Re: Difference between ROLE and USER1
Дата
Re: Difference between ROLE and USER1
Список pgsql-admin
Oh sorry about posting in the wrong forum. You are perfectly right.  How do I navigate to join the novice forum?  I will bookmark the link for future reference.  Thanks for the explanation. I will post all future questions in the novice forum, once I find out how to join.

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Philippe Salama writes:
> Ok, I found something on ROLE, but I am still puzzled on how ROLE differs from USER

Users are the same thing as roles, pretty much. A user is a role with
the LOGIN attribute ... roles with the NOLOGIN attribute correspond to
what we used to call groups. You can find more about that in the docs:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/user-manag.html

BTW, not to be impolite, but day-zero questions belong on pgsql-novice
not pgsql-admin.