Re: database copy and move

От bangh
Тема Re: database copy and move
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You need to use pg_dump.

pg_dump old_db_name > old.dump

Then send old.dump to the machine you want, and use commands on that machine:
createDB new_db_name
cat old.dump | psql new_db_name

Note: new_db_name can be the same as old_db_name here.

--
Banghe

Todd Turner wrote:

Hello;

http://www.postgresql.org/doxlist.html noticed there isn't any info in copy the postgres data - database directory and files and setting up the same database on another machine.  I've tried using createdb then pgaccess to import tables.  Using psql the tables are found but the data isn't.

When importing a table I'm getting the error Error executing query.

Copy subreservation From "subreservation1'

PostgresSQL error message:
Error: CopyFrom: Fail to add null value in not null attribute username

PostgresSQL
status:PGRES_FATAL_ERR
OR

Also ERROR: Bad int8 external representation for another copy and somtimes I'm getting you can not copy a duplicate value into a duplicate key message.

I'd appreciate if someone could turn me on to why I'm getting these messages and possibly how you can move a database to another machine.

tjt:

Todd Turner - tjturner@chpc.utah.edu
(801 - 585-1266)
Center for High Performance Computing