Re: Is 7.0 ready?

От Fabrice Scemama
Тема Re: Is 7.0 ready?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Stephan Richter wrote:

> >I can see in ftp.postgresql.org/pub, the file  postgresql-7.0RC1.tar.gz.
> >
> >What ORC1 stands for? Is it the non-beta version?
>
> Version 7.0 Release Candidate 1. Yes, this means if no bugs are found, it
> will be 7.0. I saw this version already early last week, even though it was
> not announced in the News section. I currently running 7.0RC1 on a
> production system and I have no problems so far. (Lucky me! :) )

Yesterday, I chose to do the same. No problem has been met so far.
Oh, yes, only a small thing: scripts have had to be modified:
i was doing "select distinct on my_field aaa, bbb, my_field ..."
which is not correct any more. Pg7 insists that you write
"select distinct on (my field) aaa, ...." instead. That's all
I've got to say about it, so far.

Thanks you everyone who coded it, for this smart new Pg release.

Fabrice Scemama