Re: [CORE] Release schedule?

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [CORE] Release schedule?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> What exactly am I supposed to be pulling, using wget, to add to the
> release?  Looking in postgresql-v7.0RC1/doc, there are already .tar.gz
> files in place, as taken from teh CVS repository ... but, looking inside
> of these, they are from Aug 7th ...

Right. Until now, these files were in cvs. But Tom Lane pointed out
that they just clog up cvs with not much extra value, and advocated
removing them from cvs. I haven't yet done so, since you are still
working out the details of wget (right?).

> ... so, am I supposed to be taking what isn't currently in
> http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/7.0/docs and replacing the existing
> .tar.gz and .ps.gz files as part of the release? *raised eyebrow*

There is something there now (as of this morning), but the .ps.gz
files are from the v6.5 release (except for the tutorial; it is for
v7.0). But it is enough for you to test with. We will remove the
existing .tar.gz and .ps.gz files from the cvs repository before
release; at the moment just overwrite them with the wget'd versions.

See y'all in 10 days; off to Spain now...

                     - Thomas

South Pasadena, California