Re: Database conversion

От Chris Carbaugh
Тема Re: Database conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Check out the ODBC driver on the PG site.  Quite simple really.  Just
load the driver on your Win Box, and create the DSN.

Now all you have to do is open Access, and export your tables via ODBC.
I have only done this a few times with rather simple databases, but
haven't had any troubles.

It create both the table definition and the data in the Postgres DB.

With Win98 and Access2000 running in a VMWare machine under RedHat6.0, I
can't imagine an easier conversion.  I actually exported the Access
tables via ODBC from one VMWare machine to another VMWare machine
running RedHat6.1, PostgreSQL, and PHP.

PS:

If this message doesn't get to the mailing list, would either Brad or
Max forward it there.  I think my ISP has a goofy email Alias config.