PostgreSQL-JDBC correct URL

От Haroldo Stenger
Тема PostgreSQL-JDBC correct URL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello nice people,

/* I'm a GeneXus programmer (www.genexus.com), a RAD tool. They support natively
Oracle, Informix, DB2 & MS SQL Server. I'm taking steps to use and encourage use
by others, of PostgreSQL, which I thing is the most amazing DBMS out there these
days. Java is the language I chose to generate my future applications using
GeneXus.
*/

GeneXus asks me for the driver name, and for the URL of the JDBC driver. Then,
when trying to connect to the database, a Java java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
appears. I seem to be failing to tell the right name of the driver. I tried
gnu.postgres95.PGDriver, and others like this. And for the URL, I used
jdbc:postgres95:template1?user=haroldo&password=haroldo

With this template:
jdbc:driver://host:port/database?option=value&user=userid&password=password  I
wonder what 'driver' must be, if either postgres95 or postgresql or postgreSQL.

I'm using the Postgresql 6.5 JDK1.1.x JDBC driver. Does it use the same URL
format as earlier versions, i.e. postgres95 versions?

I'd like to thank in advance to Peter Mount, o whoever answers this.

--

Saludos,
Haroldo.

"Y con esto me despido