pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection ??

От Michael Holopainen
Тема pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection ??
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Again this morning the postgres DB stopped accepting connections from
localhost (linux), everything worked OK yesterday.
The (windows) client have no problem connecting to the posgres db.
But I can connet as postger su with "psql".
-Maybe it's afraid of the dark ?
But seriously, any suggestion of how to proceed in finding out what goes
wrong would me greatly appreaciated.

The postgres is 6.5.3 and 6.3 S.U.S.E. w/ 2.2.14 kernel.
last entry in postgres.log was
"pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection"

When I close the client connection (from client) I get
"pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: Connection reset by peer"
or
"pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection"
- in the log, is this normal ?

-michael (A)

   --"Would you fly on airplane controlled by MS Windows ?"--